Thursday, August 16, 2012

Food for Thursday!

I have been a stay at home mom now for 6 years. One thing I have learned over and over is the need to be able to prepare a meal quickly and/or easily. As my kids get older I am finding we are getting busier than ever with school and outside of the home activities. While it is hard to keep up with some things (who needs clean socks anyway?), one thing that cannot be missed is dinner. I have a few go-to recipes for those extra busy days and I am hoping I can help another mom out there by sharing them here!

My first recipe is one of the easiest:


BBQ pulled pork

What you need for 4 people and a little leftover:

crock pot

2 forks

2 lbs boneless country style pork ribs (really this will work with all kinds of pork roast or even beef roast)

1 16 oz bottle your fave BBQ sauce( make your own or our fave us Sweet Baby Rays hickory and brown sugar--the BEST!)
1/2 cup water



Directions:
  • Place the meat and water in the crock pot and turn on low.
  • Cook for at least 6-8 hrs(mine is done in 6, but crocks may vary).
  • Remove meat little at a time and use forks to shred or "pull" it apart. Remove any fat as you go. 
  • Drain all the water out of the crock and then replace the meat. 
  • Pour entire bottle of BBQ sauce into the crock and keep on low till you are ready to eat. Delicious!

Great with:
mashed potatos
green beans
salad
corn
garlic bread

Leftovers could be used on a bun for a BBQ pulled pork sandwich lunch. You can always buy more meat and cook a larger amount to have extras!

No comments:

Post a Comment